Saturday, September 6, 2008

Deforest City Blues: Methinks the annex has me skunks

I thought my neighbour’s cat took care of the skunk that was living under my old porch or my neighbour’s porch.

Or, was it the church’s porch across the street?

It’s hard to tell because when a skunk stinks up the joint it really stinks for miles around.

But when I was helping put tools away yesterday (after another rock hard day of work related to The Reno) I thought the smell of bad skunk was coming from under the annex.

For clarity’s sake:

The annex is a shed, but not my main shed.

My main shed is a word-working shop formerly an old garage, and is attached to the back of my house.


[The main shed - home to word-working projects, not skunks]

The annex is another shed, smaller, not attached to the house, for scrap lumber and lawn mowers and now many, many tools.

And while I’m clarifying, rock hard day doesn’t refer to my work.

After another trip to the dump I put a crate chair together and did some writing.

Sure, writing is strenuous, especially the way I do it, but never rock hard.

At any rate, if my annex has skunks work around here could grind to a halt.

Stink!!

Can workmen charge time and a half for skunk related problems?

.

No comments: