Friday, September 5, 2008

My Point of View: It’s time for a change in government

As I was saying before being rudely interrupted again by what seems to be an unending house reno:

I’m sure we’re facing a snap election.

I’m so sure I’ve added a second bumper sticker to my Civic:

“Play Fair B’ys- Keep yer stick on the ice”


[Short sighted PM aims at Dion snowman - and misses]

Whether Prime Minister Harper just snapped after chatting with Liberal leader Dion, can’t lead like the leader he thinks he is with a dysfunctional minority (i.e. his minority), wants to show everyone how all-powerful he is by side-stepping his very own fixed-date election law or is, in my honest opinion - simply short sighted - I’m ready to vote.

I’ll put my X beside my Liberal or Green candidate for several of reasons:

They talk intelligently about the environment


They know it exists and is in serious trouble

They engage their constituents in discussions about climate change

Whereas federal Conservative Environment Minister John Baird is almost as scary as global warming because of his lack of commitment to the most pressing issue of our day.

PS Where is John Baird anyway?

.

No comments: