Thursday, November 20, 2008

Everything is Broken

Bob Dylan said it best.

“Broken lines broken strings
Broken threads broken springs
Broken idols broken heads
People sleeping in broken beds
Ain't no use jiving
Ain't no use joking
Everything is broken.”


This old light (from a barn, house, church, garage, New Orleans?) isn’t working, but I give my word, once I expand my woodworking deck outside my shop this light will be the first thing I repair.


You can help by telling me where you think it came from and sharing your own photos of all things BROKEN at WrittenInk, a unique site hosted by Carmi.


“Broken light broken wires
Everything is broken.”

.

7 comments:

sealaura said...

I like your first shot the best. I can almost hear the noise it made when it broke. Well done and I dig the song too.

Mystic Thistle said...

It looks like a sunflower to me. Bob Dylan said a lot of things best, didn't he.

All This Trouble... said...

I have two broken lighting fixtures waiting in my shop, too. They will one day be restored and I'll be able to bask in the glow of their milk glass globes. Great choices for this week's theme!

Leora said...

That's a great old light. If I were fix-it-type person, I would fix it!

Thanks for visiting. Middlesex County College is about 15 minute drive from my home in Highland Park, New Jersey. They have a nice ceramics studio. I took two ceramics classes there years ago, when my boys were babies.

G. Harrison said...

thanks Leora, for getting back so quickly. London is in Middlesex County, but in a different country. NJ is too far to drive for a pottery class!

cheers,

gord h.

me said...

The middle shot reminds me of a dancer. Great Shots

G. Harrison said...

son of a gunderson, the middle shot does look like a dancer - a ballerina with a blue tutu and a clay flowerpot on her head that is hooked up to a lever that will whisk her off the stage if she doesn't perform properly.

or something like that.

cheers,

GAH