Thursday, November 13, 2008

One week’s worth of small pleasures

Part 4

Within minutes of sitting down in front of my computer I push the ‘play’ button to hear the next song in my large-enough on-board music collection.

[Now playing: Cherokee Louise by Joni Mitchell]

I only handle CDs in the car - now that my iMac is loaded with all I’ve purchased new and used over the years (Thank you, Dr. Disc and Village Idiot!) - but I’m still surrounded by them in my study and seldom does a day go by that I don’t kick up the volume and howl along with Bruce or Bob or Tom Waits or Ron Sexsmith or Colin James or Blue Rodeo or one of scores of other musicians I’ve grown to really, really like.


[Ollie is in charge of organizing my CDs]

[Now playing: Jungleland (Live): Bruce Springsteen]

Also, just about every day, I’ll pick up my three-quarter size Norman acoustic guitar and fumble through one of my own (soon to be) hit songs.

I’m pretty sure, because listening to music is such a pleasure, if I didn’t push play I’d turn on a radio or slap an LP on a turntable.


[Surrounded, mainly by the 1960s and '70s]

And occasionally, alone or not, crank up the volume on a good dance tune and boogie around the room. (Oh yeh, it can happen).

***

What tunes do you like to hear most?

.

No comments: