Wednesday, November 26, 2008

This face on TV? Journalism class takes a chance

“How did No Clothing Day begin?” Michelle H. asked while Dan pointed a $25,000 camera at my face.

My mouth filled with cotton. Where did that come from?

I said a few words, felt it was enough and smiled.


Sure hope the smile looks OK, I thought.

As questions came and answers went I realized that becoming a TV star is pretty tough work - and hot. Why did I eat cotton for lunch and wear a sweater?

However, if I reminded people that we spend too much time and money taking care of basic needs (food, clothing, shelter, transportation etc.) and often neglect more important things (family, friends, more interesting pursuits) then it was worth the sweat running down the middle of my back.

But why did I open my dresser drawers to strangers? I actually showed them I own 24 sturdy pairs of cotton underwear.

What was I thinking?

.

No comments: