Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I don’t have to. I don’t want to. I won’t.

I repeat:

“I don’t have to. I don’t want to. I won’t.”

I received the above message by email last year but can’t remember the context.

I’m sure, however, it was in response to one of the following three topics in a column or post:

Oatmeal - I make big batches of oatmeal in order to become a more self-reliant person. I might have said, ‘more of a True Canadian’. You know, with Maple syrup and all, eh?

Coffee - I don’t go through drive-thrus more than 5 times per year or use disposable cups. I mean, how hard is it to make coffee or carry a travel mug when leaving the house?


[Oatmeal - two weeks worth: photo GAH]

Plastic water bottles - I posted and wrote a couple of columns about the overuse of plastic bottled water and encouraged people to drink tap water or carry a thermos with their favourite beverage. It’s not impossible to carry enough low-sugar juice to get through a day at work. I mean, most people know how to squeeze oranges.

(That reminds me. I wrote about my juice squeezer. Got it from my mother, so it’s pretty old. But it works perfectly. It might have been a separate topic. That makes four topics).

Squeezer - I probably said, “Get a squeezer.”

Whatever the topic, the reader’s child-like rebuttal came to mind while stirring a big pot oatmeal (and fixin’s) Monday morning.

***

Hey, get a grip (on a squeezer, at any rate).

.

4 comments:

Daryl said...

Yes we do .. all of us ... we need to be more GREEN or

http://onthem104.blogspot.com/2009/01/for-rob-and-sarah-and-you-too-yeah-you.html

Thanks for the visit!

Anonymous said...

Point A - I do now - and it's nice! (once I've slathered it in demerara sugar) (oh, and I make it fresh in the morning, there's none left after the kids have been at it)

Point B - Me too

Point C - Yup, me too again.

G. Harrison said...

Great minds think alike, Jessica. Or...

cheers

GAH

Sonny Drysdale said...

"But I could never give up my electric blanket."
... Wally Shawn, 'My Dinner With Andre.'