Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ollie and Me: The simple life seems the way to go

An injury I sustained in last Friday’s hockey game has slowed me down this week and I’m milking it, big time.

“Do you want the ice pak?” asks me wife regularly.

“That would be great, and while you’re up, could you put on fresh coffee?”

Yesterday she saw me organizing hockey gear for my next game, figured I must be feeling better and invited me to join her and Ollie at the Children’s Museum.

I'm glad she did. (Though I limped a bit, hoping to get one more pot of coffee out of her this week, at least).


While at the museum I noticed Ollie loves puzzles, dinosaurs, bugs on the wall, and anything hands-on, like fishing or digging in the sand. (And at home, my guitar).

During a quiet moment I paused to think...

He is my main link to future generations on this planet.


Without saying a word, he reminds me to live small, question the real value of things, and stick to a simple life.

I’ll step out of the way of slapshots next game. I’ll live longer.

.

No comments: