Friday, April 10, 2009

It Strikes Me Funny: “Put me through to the Prime Minister, please” Part 2

I often feel like I need to call the PM to ask a few simple questions.

For example, I recently read the following:

PM Harper and Jim Flatulence, his loyal Finance Minister, contend “that Canada will lead the U.S. and the rest of the world out of the recession.” [The London Free Press]


Oh, such an urge to pick up the phone developed.

I’d say:

“Mr. PM. I think you’re putting way, way too much confidence in global capitalism and a free market economy. What if our supply of valuable resources, such as oil, natural gas and water, start to tighten up? Won’t our economy suffer even more than it is now? Shouldn’t you be talking about a backup plan? Hello? Hello?”

Sure, I don’t expect the guy to talk directly to me (typical scenario - his people would talk to my people and I’d get back) but it would be nice to hear about Plan B if global capitalism has another bad year like this one.

***

Plan B is discussed in The Upside of Down; see Read This in margin.

.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good observation GH!

Happy Easter!
Jane

G. Harrison said...

Thank you, Jane. And Happy Easter to you.

BTW; the final touch to my last birdhouse, the triplex, was influenced by the painting that appears beside your name, i.e. red roofs all 'round.

Third coat tomorrow, then I'll take a photo for the blog.

Cheers,

GAH

Theresa said...

Oh my. I'd have a thing or two to say to the PM as well. Best you do it instead of me!

Can't wait to see all the red-roofed birdhouses!

G. Harrison said...

Hi Theresa,

PM Harper seems to slick, but ill-prepared at the same time. He offers tired answers only.

GAH