Saturday, July 18, 2009

Zoom w a View: Three birdhouses, Long Point, Ontario

The first two photos I took to study later.

A local retail outlet is interested in Purple Martin houses and I’m turning a design over in my mind.


[West of Long Point on Lakeshore Rd.]

They’re complicated because the builder/purchaser must find a way to clean them out while balancing atop a ladder.


[On the beach, west of the Causeway Restaurant]

I took the third photo at the end of 4th St. in Long Point - for old time's sake - and only later did I notice the birdhouse atop an old boathouse on the left side of the channel.


[Gord Bucholtz, my father's friend, stored a boat in the third spot on the left, circa 1960: photos by GAH]

Everywhere I go I spot a few interesting creations, none more interesting than the homes made by mud swallows.

Muddy photos to follow.

.

No comments: