Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Simple Life: I was too slow to catch her

While sitting on my porch yesterday morning with large coffee in hand, a bicyclist glided by and caught my full attention.

[I put my coffee down. That’s a sign my ‘full’ attention had been severely grabbed.]

The cyclist was out of the ordinary.

It was a woman with curly gray hair, definitely in her mid-seventies. She reminded me of my mother, pedaled expertly on a lovely bike and made me think that everyone should own and operate a bicycle - well into their senior years.

I rushed inside to get my camera.


["She was gone! Likely popped a wheely": photo GAH]

But I had no luck getting a picture. She’d disappeared around a corner, likely popped a wheely or two and was likely indoors making some tea and toast.

Trust me on this one - we should all bike onto our seventies.

***

Eighties? You tell me.

.

No comments: