Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Workshop: Beauty in the eye of the beholder

During a recent reno I tore off, then saved for a rainy day, boards of white pine from our porch- with no particular project in mind.

Thanks to recent rainy weather and a book I picked up about Adirondack chairs several projects have been started, most completed.


Some of the wood’s finer details caught my eye.


["Finer details": photos GAH]


Double boiled linseed oil with a half-teaspoon of maple stain warmed up the colour of the pine.

Why leave most of the old stain on the chair? Because too much work is involved trying to clean it.


And I don’t mind sitting on a comfy chair and telling my friends and neighbours where I found the scruffy lumber.

“Remember our green board and batten?” I’ll ask.

.

No comments: