Saturday, September 19, 2009

60th Birthday’s Over: I feel 40 - 45 years old again

Everybody made such a big deal about the number 60 yesterday that I actually started to feel older than I usually do.

My shoulders slumped for awhile, and I complained about my hip.

(I never complain about my hip).


["A full slate of plans": photo GAH]

But today is the dawn of another new day. I have coffee on the brew, a full slate of plans for the day, and though I said last night “I feel all of 45 - 50 tops,” I swear I’m back to feeling my true self, i.e., 40 - 45 years old and capable of fitting into jeans with a 32 waist.

How is it I can keep such dreams alive?

First, with the help of an attitude of gratitude for all that comes my way (don’t make a mountain out of a mole hill; make lemonade).

Second, with the help of a stretchy waist band in my miracle jeans.

Oh yeah, I can hit 32 inches for the next 40 years!

***

It doesn’t take much to humour me, eh?

.

No comments: