Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Believe it or Not: There is another suicidal planet, with a twist

I’ve just started to read ‘The Suicidal Planet: How to prevent global climate catastrophe,’ so the following opening line to a recent news article caught my eye:

“Washington - Astronomers have found what appears to be a suicidal planet.”

[They’re not referring to Earth. Link to full article]

I thought it should read “another suicidal planet,” based on what I’ve read so far in my recent book purchase.

re Earth: “Only the radical rethinking of our relationship with nature can save the earth’s ecology for future generations... but, remarkably, an air of procrastination still prevails. Greenhouse gas emissions are accumulating at an alarming rate, but, in the absence of radical policy change, our day-to-day lives continue as usual.”

One twist with the newest discovery in space - the planet is not inhabited by humans, and is causing its own destruction.

.

No comments: