Thursday, September 24, 2009

From The Workshop: Six words I love to hear

My three day trip to Fenelon Falls to help set up shop for new twins (they’re due any second now) pooped me out.

There were contributing factors:

Sure, I’m getting older, though not very

Driving in the rain puts a strain on my brain

And I hurried back home on Wednesday to play hockey (my team really needs me; I have the pucks in my equipment bag; high expectations e.g. “get to the rink on time,” are stressful)

This morning, after coffee and a refill at The Red Roaster in Wortley Village, my wife said a few words I love to hear:

“You should take it easy today.”


There’s easy work to be done in the shed (roofs and coats of paint on ten GHs, sweeping) but maybe I’ll just lean on the broom.


I know how to do that.

***

“I know how to do that.” Six words. I love symmetry.

.

No comments: