Sunday, September 27, 2009

It Strikes Me Funny: The lighter side of the Classifieds

Right after C St. ends I usually read the paper.

Sometimes in front of the TV, other times while on the exercise bike. (I need to lose five pounds and keep my wheels in shape. My hockey team needs me).

After reading world and local news I turn to The Classifieds. You never know, I may need what someone else is trying to sell, as long as the price is right.

Funniest classified so far: 1 golf ball, $1.00


Reaction: Who sells just one golf ball? He's got nothing else in his basement or garage worth a buck?

Recently for sale: Sorry game, excellent condition. $8.

Reaction: Is it sorry or is it excellent? It can’t be both.

And $8? Sorry.

For Sale: Toronto Maple Leafs dog poncho, $10.

Reaction: Can the dog play defense?

For Sale: Men’s jeans. Like new, 28” waist, 38” leg, $2.

Reaction: I’m a 34 - 28, but at two bucks - I’m still tempted.

***

Who bought the golf ball? Anyone? Anyone?

.

No comments: