Saturday, September 19, 2009

The lifespan of my stretchy jeans has been surprising

Everyone needs at least one pair of stretchy jeans.

I bought mine several years ago at Value Village, not knowing they were stretchy jeans at the time, and I think had I known, I might have scoffed at the idea.

“I don’t need to accommodate a bulging waist. I’ll keep in good shape by exercising various muscle groups 12 times per week.”

Yeah, I’m so mature.


["Can you spot the elastic?": photo GAH]

However, once I discovered I owned a pair of stretchy jeans I used them regularly, and for special occasions, especially during Thanksgiving and Christmas Day meals.

The jeans have held up surprisingly well (and have helped me keep my pledge to not buy new clothes until 2010; see Green Ideas 2009, way down side margin). I think they’re closing in on 10 - 15 years old, and since I feel like I’m only 40 - 45 years old, have help knock 20 years off my age.

Not bad for an old pair of Mustangs.

***

re Green Ideas 2009. Due to a brain cramp I bought a new straw hat in June. Once I realized what I had done I put it away, and purchased a used straw hat from Venezuela - found at a flea market in Fenelon Falls.

Used and sexy lookin’. Yeah, like my jeans.

.

No comments: