Thursday, September 10, 2009

My morning rant about the Highland Country Club tax deal Pt 2

Wouldn’t we all like to pay just 60 per cent of our taxes?

In my recent column I suggest a way to change this out of date deal.

Title: One meeting with the Highland and City Hall’s problems are over

(Catchy eh?)

As soon as I read about City Hall’s money problems in last Monday’s issue of the Free Press I felt like a student who had figured out the teacher’s math puzzle before anybody else.

When I read clearing snow from pathways in the White Oaks community may cost $20,000 and that Councillor Cheryl Miller said that her ‘only reservation is that there’s no money,’ I almost threw my hand in the air, waved it all around and declared, “Oh, pick me. Pick me. I’ve got the answer.”


Oh yeah, I may be onto something.

.

No comments: