Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Week That Was: Hard labour has its rewards

My gosh. My son’s to-do list was as long as his arm. And his other arm, and throw in a leg.

Twins were due at any second and when he phoned last Sunday I could tell by his voice that he needed my help before he asked for it.


["Home under construction": photos by GAH]

I spent the next three days in Fenelon Falls helping him check things off his list, as he tried to prepare a home, still with rooms under construction, for the arrival of twins.


["One down, one to go"]


["A wave good-bye on Wednesday"]

On Thursday evening, while relaxing with a friend in my workshop (I needed it: Wednesday’s rain made my drive home a miserable, tiring experience), another call arrived from Fenelon Falls. Water broke. Come to Peterborough. Twins on the way.

My wife, younger son and I arrived at the hospital at 2:30 Friday a.m., and did what most people do in the Waiting Rm. Until 1:00 Friday p.m.

Beautiful girls arrived safely. Anna and Ella.

And their room at home is ready.

Three million more photos to follow.

.

No comments: