Friday, October 16, 2009

Caffeine-free Mint Tea: New hope for energy for Friday hockey?

I’m finished with the Elder Flower tea though it helped me lower my coffee intake.

Downside. Too much like compost.

Up side. Reminded me of three lovely aunts during better days.


["Mint Green Tea - does it have legs?": GAH]

I’m moving on to a new box of Mint Tea. I’ll try anything once to help shake the coffee habit. Sometimes two three times in a row before it dawns on me that I don’t really like it.

Smells suspiciously like Elder Flower but that might be because the boxes were stuffed side by each inside a small drawer.

Fortunately, it has a fresh, almost minty taste. That’s what I look for in a mint tea.

I worry about the caffeine-free, however. Will I have the legs to chase the young guns during my first Friday hockey game of the season today?

This group are more than a touch faster than my 50-plus gang. My lungs ache already.

***

Have you switched to caffeine-free? Are you a better person now?

.

2 comments:

Crazylegs said...

I dunno Gord, I *need* my large Double-Double before I lace on my Tuesday night skates. I'm just a few months shy of 47, but I'm at the old end of the bench. Those 20-somethings (and 30-somethings) are tough enough to catch even with a little liquid pep. I salute you and your Mint Tea, sir.

G. Harrison said...

CL,

the Mint Tea is barely satisfying compared to my usual dark roast but the switch is needed. At the end of next week I may have developed a taste for it.

Good luck against the young ones. Thanks to the fact I played all summer I looked not too bad against a faster squad of skaters on Friday. But once they get their legs back I may have to tackle a couple of them.

Keep your stick on the ice. GH