Monday, October 19, 2009

From the Workshop: Only four more to go

I lit a fire under my hinder parts yesterday because a friend said she’s coming over tomorrow (at one o'clock? Cripes!) to help put two chairs together in The Shed.

Until I went to work space was tight in there because eight birdhouses needing trim covered one temporary bench and wood for three chairs was scattered about.


I took the wood stacked on one Rietveld chair and built a second. (They make a lovely pair for my wife and I to enjoy on the back deck when warmer weather returns).


I’m looking forward now to tomorrow’s assembly exercise because my friend and I cut, sanded and stained pieces of lumber to make another of my favourite styles - the Audrey Chair (see side margin).

And what will I do with all the space once the Audrey’s have gone?

Easy. Four piles of rescued lumber stored in The Annex require sanding, staining and assembly too.

***

I’ll slow down when it’s not fun anymore to rescue and reuse lumber.

Can’t see that happening for quite a while.

Plus, I need gas money for a few motorcycle rides before winter comes.

.

No comments: