Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fred Eaglesmith

Fred hit a lot of the right notes this afternoon at the London Music Club.

He sang about the following:

Hank Williams, Elvis, Janis Joplin and their last days... on alcohol and pills.

Meeting and loving a significant other on Oxford County Line (not far from my hometown)

Dudley George, from Ipperwash


["Stolen from LMC website"]

His wish to be a freight train, or a long locomotive

Wanting to buy a truck

And he played several hot guitar licks and bickered with a guy who’d had too many beers.

No, not me. I’m a very peaceful, appreciative sort of guy. And when he comes to town again, I’ll be there.

***

Are you a Fredhead? Ever lived near Highway 19 or Oxford County Line?

.

2 comments:

John B said...

Yes I'm a Fredhead and live not far from Hwy 19... in Sweaburg, another little place in Oxford County that Fred sings about.

G. Harrison said...

Hi John B.

I pass through Sweaburg on my way to Norwich on occasion. With a jig and a jag get to Holbrook, then on through Burgessville to Norwich.

I must write to Fred re Highway 59, another lovely stretch of tarmac.

GAH