Wednesday, November 25, 2009

How many pairs of blue jeans do you need? Pt 3

How many?

It depends on who you listen to for advice, doesn’t it?

Jeanne Beker, host of CTV’s Fashion Television, suggests each woman should have about 15 to 20 pairs of jeans.

I say six to eight, and you could survive with five.

Is the correct answer somewhere in between?

I’m not sure, but I do know a red light goes off in my head when Jeanne Beker, a supporter of the fashion industry, throws out a number.

The same red light goes off when I hear about the square footage of modern homes, the amount of horsepower in many cars and the portion sizes of restaurant meals, because surely, if we’ve learned anything in the last 60 years it’s this - bigger isn’t necessarily better.

Survive with five. Reduce your spending. Less stuff is a good thing.

.

No comments: