Monday, November 30, 2009

I’m afraid to step into my workshop

I’m pretty sure I left it a mess.

And though I’m also pretty sure I have enough birdhouses already made to fill a table at an upcoming Christmas bazaar, I’m all sold out of my Muskoka-style four-plexes, and as soon as I step into my workshop I’ll think about making another half-dozen for the sale.

“They seem to be selling quickly, so make some more,” I’ll say to myself.

Earlier my wife said, “Take the one you made for me and just take orders.”

I said I could do that but, truth be told, I don’t like taking orders.

When someone sees a birdhouse and wants to buy it I want to hand one right over, and not say I’ll have one ready by Tuesday and feel obligated to rush lumber through the saw and have to deliver one across town. Too much added pressure.

Besides, I’m tired right now and I don’t want tiredness to be the theme for the week.

So, I’ll head out to the shop to clean up the mess - a small mess is easy to deal with - but I sure hope I don’t talk myself into taking on a new batch of four-plexes.


["No big mess! Just one job left on the bench"]


["And four on the ceiling that need stain": photos GAH]

***

Maybe the flu took more out of me than I at first realized.

Have you had the flu and been dragging yourself around the house?

I could just make a pot of strong coffee and push ahead but I’ve been trying to cut back.

.

No comments: