Friday, November 27, 2009

Is Sarah Palin fishing for a new job? Pt 2

Earlier I wrote that ‘I think Sarah Palin is looking for a career as a spokesperson for a private, for-profit health care system’ because she told Mary Walsh (one of my favourite people), “Canada needs to dismantle its public health-care system and allow private enterprise to get involved and turn a profit.”

Palin obviously hasn’t taken the time during her book signing tour to get a read on how Americans actually feel about their health-care system.

Hint: The majority of Americans are not satisfied with their health system.

Then I wrote the following:

“Nonetheless, Palin would be a great spokesperson for private, for-profit health care in the US because she ignores the majority of US citizens, just as private health-care providers do. Why, they’re made for each other.”

A reader - from the USA - made the following comment:

“They are made for each other for sure. Sarah scares the beejeebers out of me.”

I like it when someone agrees with me but I find it amazing that, on both sides of the border between Canada and the US, there are people who are scared by some people in the political field.


["Let's dismantle this fish"]

I mean, I’d be scared too if a Canadian politician looked at our health-care system and said ‘Canada needs to dismantle its public health-care system and allow private enterprise to get involved and turn a profit.’

What kind of person wants to rip apart a public-minded system and allow private, for-profit corporations to have that much control over our lives?

Do we have politicians in Canada who would echo Palin’s words?

And if so, who are they? What party do they support?

.

No comments: