Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ollie and Me: So much has changed in 21 months

Grandson Ollie came to us about two years ago (my wife and I agreed to assist with child care; well, my wife agreed and I stood in the background nodding my head, saying something like ‘I want you to do whatever makes you happy, Dear’) and he has been with us 3 - 4 days per week ever since.


["Ollie's first lunchtime with us in Feb., 2008": photo GAH]

At this point in time I must say it was a great decision. He’s a great boy and having a grandchild running around the house is like getting your children back.


That Ollie’s pickup time coincides with my nap time is but a happy coincidence.


["Ollie, last week": photo GAH]

After 21 months I conclude the following:

Kids do grow like weeds.

Ollie will be a birdhouse maker one day.


.

No comments: