Thursday, November 5, 2009

Winter is coming. Time for home brew

On my grocery list for this week: rolled oats, maple syrup (step aside you guys in dark hockey jerseys ‘cause I’ll be steam-rollin’ you), and dextrose.

I need the maple syrup to wash down my world-famous pots of oatmeal. The dextrose is needed for my next batch of home brew, an Irish Stout with legs of steel.


["An Irish Stout with legs of steel": photo GAH]

The guys in dark jerseys will not stand a chance once the oatmeal and stout are coursing through me veins.

If you haven’t made home brew, let me just say it’s as easy as falling off a log (which has been known to happen) once you have the necessary materials, and if memory serves, the materials are paid for by the money you save half way through your second batch. Unless you can scrounge plastic bottles or glass ones w a bottle capper.

Need a demo?

I’ll post re the easy process once underway.

.

No comments: