Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Zoom w a View: Oh, I do hope it’s a church bazaar

From my front porch I can’t make out what the notice says on the door of the church across the street.

I’ve been near-sighted since grade seven so even a telescope won’t help. The notice would be bigger, sure, but still all a blur.


I hope the notice is about an upcoming church bazaar. Good deals can be found at a bazaar.

Why, a few years ago I bought Greb work boots for 25 cents and have used them during motorcycle rides ever since. Now that’s a great deal! (Can you beat that? I doubt it very much).

Maybe the church is holding a try out for a special Christmas choir.

I’d love to hear the sounds of carols drift across the street, through my front door, all through the house and out the back door and down the steps from the deck and around the corner to my workshop.

(Reams of economic news I can do without, but carols are always welcome).

I’m getting excited now. I really do wonder what that notice says.

.

2 comments:

twinkelydots said...

Maybe it's more from Martin Luther. What did it say??

G. Harrison said...

hi twinkelydots,

I wonder what Martin would say to the RC church after all these years. Very interesting to ponder.

I'll get a bit closer for the next picture.

cheers,

GAH