Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bracebridge is buried and I got nothin’

By Christmas I’d like to see 18 inches of snow covering the city of London.

(At present, I’m alone with that sentiment - as far as I can tell).


["A measly 1/4 inch so far; almost nuthin'": photo GAH]

In the next 13 days we’ll need to see another 17 and 3/4 inches of snow fall on our streets and yards. It’s a big job, I know, but Mother Nature can pull it off.


[From my sister's back deck; now, that's somethin']

Why, in Bracebridge, home to thousands of hardy Canadians (including my two older sisters), town fathers have closed some of the streets and people without snowblowers are house-bound.

I’ve included two pictures taken from the back deck belonging to one of my sisters so you can see what I’m hoping for in my own city.


Beautiful, isn’t it?

Come on, snow. get crackin’!

***

Are you enjoying a bit of snow where you are?

Want more?

.

No comments: