Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Link and Learn: Snow cover is very important, right?

Sure, most readers believe what I say without batting an eye (I speak in such an authoritative, sensible tone - brilliant, eh?).

However, in case you want more information than my recent post about why we need a thick snow cover in winter, allow me to point you toward a recent article in the local paper that says the same thing.

It begins:

“For as long as I have been gardening, I can't recall a November or December with so little snow.


["Yup, I'm happy under here": photo GAH]

“Whether we like it or not, snow is important to our gardens. It provides both insulation and moisture that plants need.”
(Dec. 26, London Free Press, HOME section)

Click here for the full article.

Snow cover makes me very happy.

You?

.

No comments: