Thursday, December 24, 2009

Local weather (or lack thereof) makes local news. Bah!

I want 18 inches of snow by Christmas day.

So far, I got squat. Nada. Zilch.

Even the 1/8th of an inch we had last week is now completely gone. It disappeared faster than delicious turkey dressing at a Christmas meal.


["I want 18 inches! But got nothin": photos GAH]

And because I moaned and groaned at every opportunity about our lack of snow cover I likely jinxed our chances of ever seeing a white Christmas again.

In my opinion, it’s bad enough that Canadian winters are getting warmer and my red long johns only get pulled out of my dresser drawer one or two times per year, usually to keep the chill off during my first few spring walks or motorcycle rides.


["Salt in the wounds - today's London Free Press"]

But to discover news about a green Christmas has been published before the big day actually arrives rubs salt in my open wound.

Green Christmas. Bah.

***

Humbug.

.

No comments: