Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Weather Prediction: The snow cover will grow and stay for awhile

As soon as I rolled out of bed today I stamped my feet to make the furnace kick in because it was cold in the bedroom.

Now, I’m mature and wise enough to know that the furnace will only come on when it’s good and ready (has something to do with our thermostat) but my foot stomping continued until I felt limber enough to stumble over toward, then shut, our bedroom window.


["It looks cold out": photos GAH]

While at the window I looked outside.

“It looks cold out,” I said.

“It is cold out,” my wife replied, so I knew I was right.

Though no more snow has covered the ground since yesterday I feel confident when I say that more is coming (I feel it in my bones) and the four inches of snow we already have will stick around for awhile.


["Looks like four inches from the porch"]

Will London soon have 12 inches of snow to kill the bugs and provide multiple benefits to our surroundings?

I’m not sure.


["New announcements on the church door? Are they holding a bazaar?"]

But I’ll run out onto the front porch in my pajamas like I did this morning and let you know if it happens.

***

Is it snowing where you are?

If so, are you happy about that?

.

No comments: