Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ollie and Me: Fireman Sam is a big hit at our house

Ollie turned three about two weeks ago and as gifts received a few Fireman Sam videos.

He loves them.

(So do I, likely for different reasons than Ollie. At least I hope my adult brain appreciates the animated stories at a different level. But you never know.)

Ollie now incorporates snippets of dialogue from the videos into his regular conversation.

After playing in my study I said, “Can you help me clean up the toys, Ollie.”

“No, I don’t think that’s possible,” he replied.

While in my workshop my wife said to him, “I think it’s time to go back inside the house.”

“I don’t think so, Mandy,” he said.

I looked at my wife as if to say, who the heck is Mandy?

Though Ollie is a real cracker and I love every minute with the young guy, I wonder if his dialogue will fly in public school!

.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Does he have a lovely welsh accent too?

G. Harrison said...

Ollie is starting to pick up an accent ... of some kind!

Cheers,

GAH