Saturday, December 19, 2009

You don't like suede? There is something better

There is a lighter side to The Classifieds just about everyday.

While reading the ads, I bear in mind the sellers are serious-minded people just trying to downsize their closet or shelf in the basement, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But sometimes one little word catches my eye and a red light goes off near my sense of humor.

Iread this ad last night:

For Sale - Suede suit and knitted jacket, navy blue, like new, $50

I thought, I don't need a suede suit. Next.

It was the next one that set off the red light.

For sale - Swede, fake fur lined jacket. Machine washable, $40

I thought, I don't need a suede jacket, but a Swede jacket is another story. Did it once belong to Tiger's wife, or was it made from an actual Swede?

Either way, $40 ain't bad.

***

Keep reading those classifieds.

More below.

.

No comments: