Saturday, December 26, 2009

Zoom w a View: Snow cover leads to another project

(Anne Murray should get in on this one).

I was happy to see even a light covering of snow on the ground today.

Admittedly, I’ll be happier when it gets thicker and stays longer, but 1/4 inch is good for starters.


Fifteen minutes ago, while snapping a few photos, I noticed (through the lens at first) a few boards in my lumber pile that needed to be carted into the workshop.


["There are projects in that pile": outside photos GAH]

You see, I’ve been mulling over a new birdhouse style and I think it’s time to take the next few steps, i.e., pull enough pieces of lumber to make two houses from the stack, then take them indoors for sorting and measuring.

And if I like the first two I’ll probably make another six or so, because there is another pile of lumber outside the photo that needs my attention.

Though retired, I feel there will be busy times ahead.

***

Now that Anne Murray is retired I think she needs a relaxing hobby too.


I’ll drop her a line, tell her about birdhouse building.

.

No comments: