Friday, January 29, 2010

I Ask You: Will chickadees eat oatmeal?

Another one-eighth inch of snow fell this morning, not much by sturdy Canadian standards, but I’ll take it.


["A cold, bright day perfect for a walk" photos by GAH]

The more snow cover London receives in January the better chance it will stay until March.


This morning, from behind a curtain, I spotted a chickadee flying back and forth between a tree perch and my bird feeder. And because the bird wouldn’t sit for more than a second at the feeder, I could only get photos of him pecking at small branches.


["Did I get carried away? A two-week supply of porridge"]

I wonder, if I put a suet ball or small dish of hearty oatmeal in the feeder, would the wee bird stay longer?


Oatmeal sticks to my ribs, but will it get a chickadee to stick around?

***

What birds are visiting your feeder(s)?

Click here to see yesterday’s visitor - a female cardinal.


.

No comments: