Wednesday, January 27, 2010

London’s Weather: It’s improving while I speak - saving the Olympics!

It’s actually snowing outside, and it’s near the end of January, and spring is supposed to be on it’s way.

Isn’t it?

We’ve had our thaw. Then comes spring, right?


["I spared no expense on my weather station's brick foundation"]

I know, it’s confusing for me too.

Perhaps this morning’s quarter-inch of snow means we’ll get out snow cover back, it will last until March and we’ll have enough left over to share with British Columbia during the Winter Olympics.


["One -quarter inch = a huge weather event!": photos GAH

Yes, the Olympic organizing committee is still concerned about their recent spate of warm, rainy weather. It tends to play havoc with the slopes, and a skier’s dream to soar down the hill with the greatest of ease.

But, if our local snow event means anything (and a 1/4” is a great weather event in my book!), the Olympics will be saved and B.C. will have Londontown to thank.

***

Are you delighted to see a bit more snow?

.

No comments: