Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday’s Weather: I’d like it better if was a titch colder

I don’t need it to be much colder here in London, Ontario - just a titch really (i.e., 3 - 4 degrees).

Why?


["It's warmer today." "Yeah, too warm": photos by GAH]

I want our snow cover to stay for two more months. And if my predictions are undone by milder weather, like today, then I’ll look really bad in the eyes of weather monitors around the world.


Not that I’ve had any special training or can match predictions found in the Farmers’ Almanac each year. But I still take my work seriously.


Seriously. I even bought a ruler (years ago).

And thanks to my precise measurements I can confidently say I have 10 inches of snow cover atop my garbage can box, 11 atop a pile of lumber, or an average of 10 1/2 inches of snow on my deck.


["Ollie's Mountain, hopefully, will last until March."]

Still, I’d like it if the outside temp was colder.

***

Cold enough for you?

.

No comments: