Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday’s Weather: If it wasn’t for work I’d be walking

What a lovely day.

Sunny, bright, only a few clouds in the sky at the moment.


["No new snow as far as we can see": photos GAH]

I recall running a half-marathon in Peterborough, Ontario in this kind of weather a dozen years ago.

Temps were hovering around zero and I thought I’d get chilled during the race so added an extra shirt under my running jacket. That turned out to be a mistake (I was still a rookie at the time) because any temps around zero are perfect for running long distances.


I wouldn’t run today (yes, I’m out of shape) but I’d definitely go for a long walk if it wasn’t for the projects lined up in my workshop.


["After two new ones are assembled, eight will need stain. Busy days": photo GAH]

In about twenty minutes the sound of someone tapping nails into a birdhouse will be coming from my shed.

If you’re out for a walk on this nice day, pop in for a visit. I have an extra hammer.

.

No comments: