Saturday, January 9, 2010

Today’s weather includes marshmallow topping

As my wife and I neared our house in Wortley Village (after enjoying coffee at The Red Roaster) I noticed the thick snow drifts on our roof.


“Like marshmallows,” she said.


["I'd like marshmallows with mine, please": photos GAH]

It’s a lovely clear day with temperatures below zero and after my column is finished I’ll head out to the shop to apply linseed oil (with a titch of maple stain added) to six birdhouses that line a small bench inside the front door.

And if time allows before supper, I’ll assemble the first model of a new design.


["Don't worry, Stretch. Ollie will soon take us indoors"]

Perhaps a bit of fresh snow (I hear some is on the way) will cover the giraffe on my deck by then, to make up for yesterday’s shrinkage.

***

Have a great day.

.

No comments: