Saturday, January 30, 2010

Today's Weather: Was it funny? I think you had to be there?

I couldn't get still shots or shoot a video of what really happened because (a) I didn't have my camera and (b) my wife, though she found the incident hilarious, would never consent to appear on my blog.

Her loss. I mean - the fame, the glory!


["It's cold out. The snow is even squeaky": photos GAH]

That being said, something transpired this morning while we walked home from The Little Red Roaster in Wortley Village that got us laughing at the same time.

Normally, we react differently to things because we're almost complete opposites.

"It's cold out today," one will say.

"Not to me," will say the other.

"Do these jeans fit me alright?" she will occasionally ask.

"Perfectly," I'll always say.

"Do my jeans fit okay?" I'll ask in a blue moon.

"No, not at all. You have no butt," she'll say.

An hour ago, however, we were in perfect synch.


["I could hear this guy from my porch. Squeak!"]

It was so cold on our walk home that the snow squeaked loudly beneath our feet. And because our legs are exactly the same length ("Our pace is identical," I said. "No," she said. "Our legs are the same length."), we made squeaky noises in unison.

I thought, it's the type of irritating noise that, if we lived in the tundra and had a six-mile walk home from the coffee shop, would lead to a gun fight.

So, just as the sound of our combined squeaking was about to get on my last nerve, I exaggerated the length of my stride considerably and the subsequent discordant noise made us laugh.


["Imagine me on the left, my wife on the right"]

I looked a bit silly too (John Cleese would be proud), and the moment was not lost on my wife.

However, for readers at home:

I think you had to be there.

.

No comments: