Saturday, January 2, 2010

A wee bit of snooo turned into a snow squall

I have my own winter wonderland in my small back yard because yesterday’s light sprinkling gained momentum as the day wore on.


["Hey, buddy? Where's my buddy?": photos GAH]

By mid-afternoon city streets were becoming hazardous and the odd aggressive driver just made things worse.

Underline odd if you’re the guy who sat on my bumper on Adelaide St. May I just add, in the words made famous by Carla from Cheers, “What a maroon!”

(In snowy conditions, drive more slowly. Then I'll stop calling you a maroon).

As you can see from today’s snaps, motorcycling is out of the question and a buddy system is needed if you like to play in the drifts.


["Six inches is over my head but I'm still smiling!"]

Also, I estimate I have 6 inches of snow on the deck, and that’s about halfway to the blanket I feel we need to keep our plants and health in tip top shape.

***

Yesterday I forgot to say Happy New Year.

So, Happy New Year!

.

No comments: