Saturday, March 20, 2010

French Canadian Geese create a stir

The first sound I heard this morning after stirring from a great sleep was the call of French Canadian geese in the sky over top my house and bedroom.

You might ask, French Canadian geese?

Yes. I’ve called Canadian geese by that name ever since a trio landed very close to the side pocket of my coat recently.

And when I heard their call at about 7:45 a.m. I rolled over and recalled the geese I’d seen on Thursday.


["Floating on the Thames": photos GAH]

First, there were the ones that I spied floating on the Thames moments before they took off and came to visit me. Some readers will recall that photos followed.


["A stirring scene - French Canadian geese heading for London?"]

Later in the day, while snapping pictures of birdhouse in Port Bruce, I saw a dozen or two flying in French formation over the north shore of Lake Erie. And as luck would have it, my camera focussed on them instead of the birdhouse.

I thought the resulting scene was quite stirring, in a ‘I was fortunate to have it’ sort of way.

.

No comments: