Thursday, March 11, 2010

INTRO: Is The Money out There?

[This post should be read while listening to ‘A Hard Day’s Night.’]

Yes, I am going on and on about growing public and private debt loads in Canada and associated dangers, aren’t I?

However, I bet I’m not alone.

I’m sure observers, writers and people - with opinions about everything - from other countries in the same boat are saying a few things as well.

I believe Greece is sailing in very turbulent financial waters as I speak, so surely to goodness somebody soaking up sun on the Mediterranean is asking the question, what’s a Grecian earn.

But soon I’ll shift gears and pose the question, can we bail ourselves out?


["Hey, we can do this": photo GAH]

I’ll begin the search for newspaper clippings and magazine articles and opinion pieces that support my brilliant theory that we can live comfortably within our means in Canada without starving to death (other countries can too), that the money is indeed out there.

I’ll likely consider some of our spending habits and our views toward taxes. I bet I’ll find brilliant ways to pay down debt that experts have long over-looked.

(And why not? What is youthful optimism for, if not that?)

I’ll likely just go on and on about solutions within our ability and grasp.

So, cheer up. You’ve been warned.

***

How has Canada, for example, turned things around in the past?

How did our government accomplish 11 straight years of budgetary surpluses?

Please click here to read Part 1 of the new series.

.

No comments: