Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Motorcycle Miles: First ride of the season today

Last year’s first motorcycle ride took place on April 7, as did my first ride the year before that.

I don’t think there’s anything much special about that date anymore, now that I’ve just completed my first short ride of the 2010 season almost a month earlier.

Note to self: Jot down ‘March 9, 2010’ in a place that I’ll remember. This could be my earliest start ever.


["I don't mind the snow on the ground but I need warmer gloves": photo GAH]

I must admit I didn’t ride very far. Though I wore a pair of red long johns and a leather coat I got chilled while on the highway.

Note to self: You might want to buy warmer leather gloves.

At any rate, the bike started right up in the parking lot near my storage site and as I rode east from London for a few miles, up- and down-shifting like an old pro, enjoying every smooth and guttural sound from the bike, I said to myself that 2010 is going to be a stellar year for biking.

It will make up for last year, for sure.

***

On your bike yet?

Riding like an old pro?

.

No comments: