Friday, March 19, 2010

Port Bruce birdhouses: More than I can shake a stick at

Yesterday centered around people and activities I really enjoy, i.e., my wife, grandson, motorcycling, and snapping pictures of birdhouses (found here and there) that might one day be reproduced in my own workshop - in my own way.

Pictures of Ollie with his Nanna, French Canadian geese on the Thames, and clever birdhouses in Aylmer have already been posted.

And ten minutes after leaving Aylmer I slowly cruised into Port Bruce, pulled over at the side of the road when I spotted a purple martin house, and discovered the mother lode.


["Slow tunes for tired birds?": photos GAH]

While adjusting my camera my eyes adjusted to the scene around me and funky birdhouses popped out from every branch and fence line.


A woman in a black and white sweater appeared.

“Taking pictures of my nicely mowed lawn?” she asked.


I looked at the lawn and joked, “I am, and it’s absolutely lovely.”


Then we talked about birdhouses for 30 minutes (I snapped about 30 pictures too) and when I looked at my watch I worried I wouldn’t make it home in time for supper unless I skipped the visit to two destinations I’d actually come to Pt. Bruce to see.


Some days are like that. Full.

***

I did get home in time for supper and Coronation St. on TV.

But I did get to the other two destinations too.

Please click here to read Part 2.

.

No comments: