Friday, March 19, 2010

Port Bruce Birdhouses Pt 2: More than I can shake a stick at

After talking to a woman with a freshly mowed lawn and more birdhouses than Carter’s has pills, I travelled to the first of two spots already on my biking and birdhousing agenda.

(Maybe you think retired guys don’t have agendas. Well... let me tell you... we really do. One - escape work of any kind. Two - have some fun.)

I parked my bike 50 yards from the north shore of Lake Erie and examined the first of a few houses I’d spotted on Tuesday.


[“A cottage condo; it even has a wee birdhouse on its fence rail”]


[“Ashtabula? Hang a left at the beach”: photos by GAH]




[“This one looks good from every angle”]


[“Ashtabula - 44 miles thataway”]


Then I headed west toward my last stop before home.

***

Please click here to read Part 3.

.

No comments: