Saturday, March 13, 2010

Today’s weather: What a wet mess

Last Monday I made the following brilliant statements about our weather:

Rays of warm sunlight streamed onto the remains of the snow on one of my weather monitoring stations (a box for garbage cans; I spare no expense on behalf of accurate weather reporting) and I feel it will not last more than another week or two if the present warming trend continues.


Also, Ollie loves to use his new red shovel and keeps throwing snow from Ollie’s Mountain into the yard or onto the deck. So, all snow may disappear in 8 - 10 days.



["What a lovely day for shovelling snow": photos GAH]

The two photos above were taken the same day.

Even nicer weather followed on Thursday and I ended up in Port Bruce on my motorcycle.

Today’s weather, however, is a bit of a wet mess.


Snow is gone, or disappearing quickly.

More rain is on the way too so I may not see Port Bruce, or any other port for that matter, until next Thursday.

In the meantime, I’ll sweep the leftover tatters of bird seed off the deck.


Yup, it’s a messy time of year.

***

If it’s sunny where you are, where do you live?

.

No comments: