Friday, April 16, 2010

Birdhouse Spotting Pt 1: You can’t get lost on Harry White Rd

To motorcycle out of London safely, I often head south toward Harry White Rd. Yesterday, I discovered that it’s home to several interesting birdhouses.


["1st birdhouse spotted on H. White Rd. Pretty sad shape": photos GAH]

To get there, I travel south on White Oaks Rd. until it ends at a T-intersection and connects with Harry White.

If I want to travel to Wonderland Rd., I turn right.

["I trespassed to snap this well-designed model. A+"]

Yesterday, I turned left to connect with Wellington Rd. S. and continue on my ride to the Belmont Golf Course (to see if there were more than two birdhouses beside the roadside fairways) and Copenhagen (to examine a large red birdhouse I spotted last week.

Though my journey to Wellington was only a mile long, I stopped four times to examine and photograph birdhouses.


["Surely this is made from rescued lumber. Very practical"]

It turned out to be that kind of day.

Everywhere I looked I saw interesting models, some hand-made, some from kits, and I felt inclined to stop.


["Riding and birdhouse spotting - hobbies that go together"]

During the three hour ride, did I see any models I would try to copy in the future?

I’d have to say yes.

Please click here to read Part 2.

.

No comments: