Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bumble bees are buzzing, one of them is me

While working in the backyard for the last few days I’ve seen more bumblebees than ever before - and I like it.

They are helpful insects and provide a bit of background music as I buzz around and finish off several tasks.


[“Two posts need a final coat before birdhouses are attached”]

Last week, the duplex/feeder (without it’s linseed oil finish) looked a little pale. Now, it shines.


[“Duplex/feeder ready for a customer”: photos GAH]

A batch of six, tall duplexes are now under construction and while assembling them I’m also thinking about what type of trim will make them stand out from the crowd.


[“Duplexes awaiting trim and linseed oil finish”]

I’d better buzz off and make hay while the sun shines.

***

Have you noticed more bumble bees?

Are you acting like one too?

.

No comments: