Friday, April 9, 2010

In The Workshop: Nine wren houses are underway

My first stab at wren houses has not gone awry.

I’m going to paint four and stain five.


Yellow paint on the faces and sides, and blue roofs and trim, will hopefully go together well.

(I.e., one coat of each colour, then scuffed on the sander to make the paint look more than a week old).


Tinted linseed oil will turn the light cedar birdhouse into a rich, warm home that no early wren will be able to resist.


["Rescued lumber stacks up nicely in my book!": photos by GAH]

Winter has returned to Deforest City but I’ll get back to the workshop once it’s warmed up in there.

***



No kidding. It was snowing here when I went to The Red Roaster for coffee this morning.

Is it snowing in your corner of the universe?

.

No comments: